Donate Now to Funeral Consumers Alliance of Southern California
FCA of Southern California is the only non-profit organization that serves our community by providing unbiased information on local funeral options and rights. People are vulnerable at a time of loss and we aim to empower and serve the vulnerable in our communities. Our strength comes from people like you who support our work. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and all donations are tax-deductibe. Thank you for your support.
Donate: To make a donation in any amount you are comfortable with, select the Donate button.
How We Use Your Money
All donations go to fulfilling the mission of FCASC which is to promote and protect a consumer's right to choose meaningful, personalized, and affordable end-of-life arrangements.
Your Donation Supports:
- Website access to information on a multitude of topics, including: Legal rights, home funerals, green burials, conventional funerals, cremation, cremation-alternatives, environmental impact of various funeral choices, alternatives to pre-paying for funeral services, advance directives, and organ and body donation information available to Southern Californians.
- Price and Ethics Surveys of funeral homes throughout Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, and Orange Counties.
- Legislative monitoring regarding death care and funeral industry practices
- The satisfaction that your membership is supporting public education
Everyone can help by:
- Donating a small amount to ensure this information continues to be available to the community.
- Sharing our website with your local hospice, social worker, college professor, friends, and family.
- Assist members of your family and friends by discussing end-of-life options and creating an advance directive.
- Volunteering (see current volunteer opportunities listed below).
Current volunteer opportunities:
- Mailing list administrator: This person will assist in the development and management of a comprehensive mailing list. This is a virtual position. Please email us if you are interested.